February 2018 Release Notes
Here are our changes from the month of February!
- Fixed a bug where store pages without a title failed to load.
- Fixed a bug where we would show a server error if a customer input a bad coupon code.
- We fixed the navbar on our homepage so you can actually tell what your mouse is hovering over.
- Fixed a bug where the progress bar on the Answers homepage would not display consistently.
- Fixed a bug where the filter options dropdown on Answers pages was not properly displaying on mobile.
- We've replaced our store pages at https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Tools/Batte... and https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Mac/macbook... with more relevant https://www.ifixit.com/Kits pages.
- We've added better coupon validation to Carts. Among other things, this will fix a bug where it was possible to reuse single-use coupons.
- Our text diffs previously omitted text that was unchanged without any indication that there was skipped text. We now use [..] to indicate the diff is skipping over some unaltered text.
- Titles in Answers guide blurbs were previously untranslated. They will now appear in your view language. If there is not a translation, they will fallback to the site default language or the guide source language. Guide metadata, such as difficulty and time required, will be shown in the site default language.
- We've updated the modals around our site to appear and disappear with a sweet fade in and fade out animation.
- Our wiki text renderer will now show guide links in your view language or the guide source language instead of the site default language.
- Guide links in wikis will no longer use or accept language parameters. The language of a guide will be determined solely by your view language.
- The Product 360 display frame was making it difficult to scroll down on touch-only devices. We've disabled scrubbing the 360 images on mobile devices so that dragging with your finger scrolls through the page as expected.
- We've added filters to the Patrol Index that make it easier to narrow edits down to just your language, as well as translations to or from your language.
Is this a worthwhile discussion?