Site Explorer is a tool that helps administrators efficiently sort through content on their site. If you want to see a list of every unpublished guide, all questions that have been deleted, or what comments have been made recently, check out Site Explorer.
You can find a link to the Site Explorer on the left-hand side of your Management Console.
Learn more about the different functions of the Management Console here.
Navigate Site Explorer by using the tabs shown across the top of the site explorer page.
Navigate through all your guides using filters. You can search through all admin guides, user guides, guides in progress, private guides, even specific guide types.
You can view the following type of guides in this tab:
- All: A list of every single guide page.
- Admin: A list of all guides made by Admins.
- User: A list of all guides made by Users.
- Admin Guides In Progress: A list of every Admin-created guide with the In Progress flag.
- Public: A list of all guides with privacy set to Public.
- Private: A list of all guides that have not yet been
- In Progress: A list of all guides with the In Progress flag.
- Guides to Delete: A list of all guides flagged for deletion.
If your site has the ability to organize guides via Guide Type, the following might show up as well:
- Installing: A list of all guides marked as being about Installation.
- Repairing: A list of all guides marked as being about repairing.
- Disassembly: A list of all guides marked as being about disassembling.
Use this tab to view all inactive questions and answers.
Use the following filters for easier viewing of your inactive answers elements:
- Deleted Questions: A list of all questions that have been deleted.
- Deleted Answers: A list of all responses to a question that have been deleted.
- Closed Questions: A list of all questions that are no longer open but can be edited by their author.
- Locked Posts: A list of all questions that are closed and cannot be edited by anyone.
This tab allows you to easily view and sort through all Wiki pages on your site.
Use the following filters to easily view the different types of Wiki pages:
- All: A list of all Wiki pages.
- Stubs: A list of all Wiki pages flagged as stubs.
- Wiki: A list of all Wiki pages.
- Info: A list of all Info pages.
- Item: A list of all Item pages.
- User: A list of all User profile pages.
- Team: A list of all Team profile pages.
- Category: A list of all Category pages.
User activity shows you all recorded actions by users on your site. If someone edits their profile, it'll show up here. If someone votes for something, it'll show up here. If someone completes a guide, or writes a comment, it'll show up here.
Use these filters to view activity by users on your site, sorted from newest to oldest:
- Action: A list of all actions taken.
- All: A list of all User Activity.
- Comments: A list of all comments made by users.
- Guides: A list of all guides.
- Moderation: A list of all moderation actions.
- Users: A list of changes to User Profiles.
There is also a drop-down on the right side of the page that provides options for further filtering pages, such as User Likes and Wiki Revisions.
Site Changelog tracks all the changes made on your site. If someone modifies a wiki, or updates a guide, it's recorded here. It serves as a comprehensive list of all changes made to a site and gives information about changes, such as when the changes were made and who made them.
The Version Control Management page gives you a quick view of every guide on your site—and displays the current release status of each guide.
For more information see the Version Control Management Page.
Was this article helpful to you?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?Ask a Question
Your vote has been recorded.
Tell us more. (optional)