What future teardowns should we do?
I wanted to start this thread and keep it going throughout the ages for future teardowns. It's perfectly fair to assume that we'll take apart the major Apple products -- new MacBooks, iPhones, iPads, etc. -- so don't bother asking for those. The question is more directed toward other upcoming devices.
So the question is, what would you like to see taken apart?
In order to best gauge interest, let's do the following:
- Post an answer below with your favorite upcoming device, and justify why it's worthy of a teardown.
- Other users: if you think it's a good idea to take apart a particular device, please upvote the answer and possibly leave a comment.
- One answer per device please. If someone already suggested it, just upvote the other user's answer and scold yourself for not thinking of it sooner.
- Devices certainly don't need to be electronic. If you know of an awesome ___________ (hot air balloon? vacuum cleaner? flux capacitor?) that absolutely needs to be peeked inside, add it to the list by all means.
- Keep posting answers for different devices as you see fit.
Disclaimer: Please understand that I'm asking for suggestions, and that a highly-upvoted answer does not necessarily mean we'll do a teardown for that device. It's nothing personal against you, but something (time, money, or other) did not work out for that device. For example, we were asked to take apart a Chevy Volt awhile back, but we couldn't afford such a nice car and Chevy didn't want to give us one...
Is this a worthwhile discussion?