Suggestions for September Conference Topics
I'd like us to make suggestions here for what topics we might want to discuss at the September conference so we can make the best use of our time and brain power.
Here's a start:
1. A directory of the iFixit employees and their job descriptions would be useful for knowing who to contact and/or notify on different problems. i.e. shipping issues, parts questions, policy issues, programing issues, bug reports, who to contact in Germany, Canada, returns, warranty, iPhone certification, SPAM, etc.
2. moderator ban power limitations, time constraints, severity levels, warning. All we have now is the death penalty, (not all offenses should carry that weight).
3. Formation of a Mac Certification Body Formation of a Mac Certification Body
4. Parts we have to get from strangers. Keyboards, keys, display glass, replacement LCDs, feet. screws, iMac HD thermal sensors. keyboards & mice, mouse pads, Mac Pro parts, sleds, external flash drives with versions of OS X (we recommend these daily)
5. Retina display repairs
6. Repairs & upgrades on newer disposable models (are we being put out of business by Apple)
7. What to do on Warranty repairs, directly to Apple, AASP. Depot repairs (tier levels)
8. Tier level pricing incentives for contributors
9. Greeting protocols for potential sustained contributors with concomitant (how to answer questions well) ( a possible guide for @pccheese to write ;-) ) How to construct a profile, register name, location & personal and/or professional data and links.
10. A newbie home page with links that answer "how do I', where to go, who to go to.
11. Possibly establish protocols for an apprenticeship path to certification just like the plumbers have.
12. Fair RepairLegislation http://repair.org/fair-repair/
Is this a worthwhile discussion?